Open Letter to the Graduating Senior

Open Letter to the Graduating Senior

Elementary, middle, high school or college if you are graduating this may help.
35

Whether you are graduating elementary school, middle, high school, or college, this is for you! This is from your friend that is staying behind after you leave whatever you are graduating from. I will be honest I am a junior in college and so this is a little more directed to those graduating college but definitely fits high schoolers as well. Though this is an open letter it is also more of a list of things you should do before you say goodbye to those friends that you have made through your years at school. There is a good chance that you will not be seeing many of these people again, as hard as that is to believe and hear you really won't. I struggled with that thought when I graduated high school but I realized that not everyone is meant to stay in your life for forever. You move to different schools and even though summer and winter breaks seem like a great time to hang out there really isn't as much time as you think!

Graduating is really something to celebrate so I hope this doesn't bring you down. The last semester of your senior year should be about fun! Yes you still need to make sure your grades don't drop to the bottom of the barrel but it really is about hanging out with your friends because as much as you hope you will not be able to visit as much as you'd like. I am not saying you will lose all your friends because that is 100% not true. But there is no way you will be able to keep in touch with the kid you talked to only in your English class. A big reason things don't work out as planned is because you are moving away and it will literally be difficult for you to be able to talk to the kid in your English class from across the country.

Your friends that you keep are the ones you need. It will always be trying to keep them and make sure you share all of the important things with them even from far away but luckily social media and cell phones are extremely helpful for that! And of course you can at least somewhat keep in contact with everyone with social media. So please do not fret although this is a huge change in your life and goodbyes are hard but goodbyes just lead to a hello.

So college and high school graduating seniors please remember to take these moments, sign everyone's year book, and friend everyone on Facebook because a lot of these people will become a memory, so make them a good one!