An Open Letter To The Best Friend I Made In College

"Here's to being forever friends."

340
Samantha Davey

Dear Adri,

It's crazy to think that we have become such close friends in such a short amount of time. I find it hard to believe that my boyfriend grew up with you, and you just so happened to transfer to UAlbany and I met you. It's like we were meant to be best friends, right?

Elvis told me how alike we were and how close of friends we would become. I was so happy that I would be introduced to a new person here at UAlbany, especially since I had gone through my first year here and felt like I didn't have many friends. But I'm so glad you came along because you're honestly one of the only people here at college that truly gets me and always understands what I'm thinking. We always look at each other and know what we're thinking and just start laughing, and after these moments I'm just mindblown at the fact that Elvis was right...we are literally the same people in two different bodies (lol).

Sometimes I wish we met sooner, but I think you came at the right time. Sometimes I also forget that we became friends such a short time ago because it feels like we've been friends for years. In just one semester, we have created so many memories I will always cherish, and I know there are so much more to come. From our Target and Marshals trips to watching YouTube videos in bed and eating ice cream. I'm so happy you have become one of my lifelong friends here at college and we get to experience this crazy journey together.

Thank you for being my friend, Adri. Without you, I wouldn't have a best friend not only here at college, but in life. Thank you for always being there to support and motivate me, to comfort me and for being my right hand. I'll always do the same for you and be there whenever you need me. I love you, here's to being forever friends.

Love,

Sam