Open Letter to the Assignments I Haven't Started

Sorry. (Not Sorry)

355
Lauren Mancke

I'm sorry.

I know you're due soon, but you see, I have so much on my plate right now and you have fallen to the back burner. I know you're important and I know I need to get a good grade... but sometimes sleep and hanging out with friends takes priority.

It's not you. It's me.

I would much rather go out with friends for a late night milkshake run than sit in the dorm working on you. (I have a feeling you would agree.) It's just a personal preference.

I know I spend too much time daydreaming about warmer weather. But you have to understand, you are so much more palatable when it's sunny and warm.

Listen to me when I say: yes, I will spend more time than I should out with friends, scrolling through social media, and watching Netflix, but I will make time for you before your due date.

You're important to me, never forget that. It's just that I don't always want to be working on you. I need a break from you every once and a while. But don't worry, we'll have plenty of time together the night before you're due. In fact, we'll have the whole night together (because you're worth about half of my grade.)

So, my dear assignments, I will make time for you eventually, but in the meantime trust that you hold a very small (like minuscule) piece of my heart.