An Open Letter To Anyone Who Struggles With Their Weight

Your weight is a number that does not matter nearly as much as you think it does.

394
Sunbaeswim

To whomever this may concern,

Whether you are in a bad section or a good section of your life, I know the everyday task of looking in a mirror can be difficult. Sometimes it is easier to pick out an outfit for the day then actually committing to it. Sometimes you wish you didn’t get on the scale before your first meal of the day so you wouldn’t think about eating less (or more) than you normally would. You may be insecure, but there is no reason to be.

Every person is put on this Earth to stand out, to be different, and to look unique, not everyone is supposed to be rail thin and not everyone is supposed to be “slim thick”. The first step to anything is acceptable, you have to accept that the way you see yourself in the mirror is how you currently look, do you feel energized? Do your clothes fit you well? And do you feel healthy? If you said no to any of these then maybe you should consider a healthier lifestyle to gain back energy, and healthiness. It is healthier mentally to set your goal to how you feel in your body, if you set your goals off of how you look, you will always be wanting to lose (or gain) 10 more pounds.

In the society we live in it is both the easiest and hardest time ever to be insecure about your weight. When going through websites such as Instagram and Facebook, you see rail thin (most likely photoshopped) models that your mind begins to compare you to; comparing yourself to others is not healthy. Because you are an individual you have to treat it just as that, individually you have a way you were meant to look and they have a way they were meant to look. Plus, they are celebrities and have a lot of money as well as personal fitness trainers who helped them get into the shape they’re in. The way to help yourself when it comes to this is, limit your time on social media or unfollow the specific model accounts. I’m not telling you to cold turkey it, but if you really are feeling that bad about yourself it is time to make a change in your social media habits.

Before committing to anything it is extremely important that you know your morals. What types of things are you willing to give up and what things can you not live without? IF you really cannot live without pizza, that’s completely fine. Your goals should not be directed towards weight loss to get in a better mindset about how you look. Start by making simple goals of doing 30 sit ups and 20 push ups then add on from there. Thinking positively and optimistically will make your life a little easier when it comes to your insecurities. I promise you, once you begin to love your body the way it is, the confidence will resonate to other areas of your life and you will be happier overall. I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Sincerely,

Someone who used to struggle with their weight, but found acceptance.