An Open Letter To My Stepdad's New Wife

An Open Letter To My Stepdad's New Wife

I love you as much as I love my own mother.

100
fejlesztomuhely

First of all, I want to start off by saying that I mean nothing but love here. You are a very big part of my stepdad's life, which makes you a big part of mine too.

I understand if you feel uncomfortable with my presence. I know how awkward this may be for you knowing that I came from a past relationship. I can feel that vibe, but I am not offended by it at all Truthfully, I would feel the same way if I was in your shoes. No one wants constant reminders of their significant other's past relationship(s).

He is, and has been, an amazing father figure to me and my siblings throughout the duration of our lives. He played a role that he didn't need to, but he stepped up and did an incredible job. And for that, I am forever thankful. He is an incredible father to my siblings, and it has been a privilege to not only watch the kids grow, but him grow as a father as well.

If I had it my way, I wouldn't haven chosen anyone else for him to fall for. He hit gold when he found you; I know that I haven't known you quite long enough to make that kind of judgement, but I know that he loves you so much. You're perfect for each other, and I admire that.

I want you to know that I am so happy he found you. You are strong, beautiful, and immensely courageous. I know that my mother would have loved you so much. You're a wonderful mother. You two deserve each other. And I don't mean that lightly.

I want to thank you for everything. Being so open and welcoming to me means so much more than you think. I can't imagine what this kind of impact was like for you, but I'm thankful. I wish nothing but years of happiness and love for you and him. I want to be the best big sister to the kids. I want to be an active part of this family because by having a connection with you guys, I have a connection with my mother.

I love you, and I hope things will ease up and continue to be amazing from today forward.