An Open Letter To Somebody That I Used To Know

We will never be friends again.

39
Serving Joy

Dear *Insert Name Here*:

Where do I even start? Let me start by saying this: you are somebody that I used to know. You may have been out of my life for more than a short period of time, but you are out of my life for a reason. So, if we shared intimate moments or a really good friendship, it ended for a good reason.

It may have ended by a falling out, a lack of interest, or our personalities clashing in some weird and obnoxious way. You are somebody that I used to know for this one reason: I am better off without you in my life. all the anxiety I experienced, the emotions I faced during our falling outs, and worst of all not trusting you to be there for me when I needed you the most. I put so much effort into our bond, but it felt like you never did the same. Forgetting important dates, getting upset for the little things, but I didn't realize any of this until you were gone.

For some of the people who fall into the category of "somebody that I used to know" it took me a few hours to a week to figure why I am better off without people like yourself. I always felt as if I was melting away into a different person along with getting distracted from what I want to make my life and how I want to impact people in this world. I removed you and others' off my social media for a reason, I don't talk to you for a reason, but when it comes to this kind of thing you and I will never speak again.

If we encounter each other in the future I will watch what I say, I will not let my guard down, but I will not let you back into my life because I have better things to do with my life. I will forever be nice to anyone that I have let go of, but I will not let you into my personal space again.