An Open Letter To The Love Of My Life

An Open Letter To The Love Of My Life

Thank you.

183
An Open Letter To The Love Of My Life

When I was 15 years old, I met a boy who was a friend of my best friend. He was shy and quiet, but when he did talk and open up, he was witty and caring. At the age of 15, I started dating him. We dated all throughout high school. In our four years together, we have both graduated from high school, bought cars, he graduated with his assosciates degree, and continues to go to school for his bachelors degree, we rescued a cat together, and we have started planning our wedding together.

In our four years together, we have grown up together. I have watched him go from the quiet and shy boy I met as a freshman in high school, to the strong, outspoken, open minded, future elementary school teacher he is today. We have met each other's family, we have seen each other through so much, and I just have one thing to say to this man, the love of my life:

Thank you.

Thank you for letting me call you at random times and tell you about what so-and-so said that upset me. Thank you for not judging me when you watch me smash three plates worth of dinner. Thank you for watching WWE with me and my family every Monday and Tuesday night for the last two years. I am happier with you. Thank you for getting into political debates with me and keeping me up to date on politics because you know how important it is to me to be up to date on that stuff. I am brighter with you. I am myself with you. I won't say you complete me, because I was whole before you. But you compliment me. You make me the best me I can be. You push me to be my best. You help me when I need help, but you don't do everything for me.

You are my number one supporter and my best friend. You treat me like the most precious thing in the world and you never fail to make me feel like a princess. You spoil me but also push me to be more independent. You're always proud of me and you help me strive to be better. You're weird and goofy with me and you encourage me to not hide who I am. I am thankful to be the one you call with good news and bad. I am thankful that you not only accept. but admire my opinionated side. I am thankful that you don't call me crazy when I fear losing people, but also thankful you don't let me take shit from others. I'm thankful you have helped me realize that I deserve better than to be walked all over and treated like a second class person by the people I love most in this world. You give me advice on every decision I make, but support my decision whether its what you think I should do or not. You are always quick to help me do what is best for me. And I am so incredibly thankful to have you for the rest of our lives.