An Open Letter To High School Seniors

An Open Letter To High School Seniors

Now that graduation is near...

59
An Open Letter To High School Seniors
stocksnap.io

Dear Class of 2017,

It is almost your time to graduate. It is almost your time to figure out what it is that you would like to pursue in the future. It is the time you will make one of the most difficult decisions in your lifetime, deciding on a college to attend next fall. College is approaching fast. Applications have been submitted and you may have even heard from schools already.

If you are still waiting, try to be patient. I know it is a scary time and you just want answers, but it takes time. If you did not apply to college, it is okay because you are not alone. You still have opportunities, but just make sure you can find something to do once you graduate that you love and have potential to become successful in. If you did not get into the school you wanted, it will be okay. You have so much potential and will find the school that is right for you.

Now that applications have been sent in and the end of the year is approaching faster than ever, stay focused. Do not get lazy. This is going to be the hardest semester for you. Teachers do not let up because you are a SENIOR, they will always want to push you. This is the time you want to impress your teachers and finish off the year strong. Remember that colleges receive your transcript for the whole year to keep an eye on your progress so remain focused. It is going to be hard to fight off senioritis (becoming a lazy senior), but you are going to have to find a way to stay positive and continue to work as hard as you did in previous semesters.

Pick a school that you see yourself fitting in. Pick a school that offers various activities year round and has an academic program you can handle well. Pick a school that you can attend and be financially stable at. College is expensive so make sure you can afford the school you plan to go to. Try an overnight or try talking to some students on campus to get an overall feel of the atmosphere at the school. There will be a school for you and the best advice I can give you is to follow your gut.

This your time, do not waste it.

Sincerely,

Ariana McCormack