An Open Letter To The Guy Who Made Me Feel Like I Wasn't Good Enough

You're missing out on something great, not me.

2427
Quotes-lover.com

To the guy who made me feel like I wasn't good enough,

It's weird to me that I'm writing this. Mostly because I'm really not one to share my feelings, Especially with the world. I'm a deep, dark emotional pit that people rarely enter.

When I met you, I thought you were the greatest. And to me, it seemed like you thought I was the greatest too. For a few weeks that is. I fell instantly for you and I can't say I'm too proud that I did. I never ever saw myself being the stupid girl who wanted one person's attention so badly.I always caught myself texting you and smiling to myself. Wow, so cute right?

I always have been that one would say "hard to read." But instantly, you made me feel like it was easy to open up to you. I felt like I could share anything with you and I really liked that. So I did. I shared my past with you, I shared my secrets with you, and I shared my feelings with you. Consider yourself lucky, you are one of very few people that know this information about me.

Then one day, you disappeared from my life. We didn't speak. We saw each other around and I tried to get your attention and say hi but you rarely responded. That's something I will never understand. To this day, I don't know what I did or why I deserved to be pushed aside as if I meant nothing to you. And so quickly. It's a really sad situation to me. It almost feels as though I'm not good enough. Well, was I not good enough for you? Please tell me. I'd love to know because I thought I was.

Now I see you with other girls and I wonder how often you do this to others. Do you let them fall head over heels for you and then drop them or act like they don't exist or aren't relevant to your life? Because that isn't okay.

But I want you to know something. I know that I am good enough. I'm better than just good enough. I'm convinced that you were the one who wasn't good enough for me. I am such a great person and let me tell you, you're missing out. I'm more than just a pretty face. I'm smart and can hold intellectual conversations. I'm passionate about the things I believe in. I'm adventurous, I make my life exciting. I have a heart that can love deeper than the ocean. I'm a respectable, self-sufficient woman who now realizes that you were never good enough for me to fall for. You are no longer worth the time or effort I put into you or even the time I put in thinking about you. So please, next time you make eye contact with me from across the room, know that I moved on from you and that you're the one missing out on a great opportunity.

I hope everything does work out for you in the future, I just hope it doesn't work out for us because you don't deserve me.

Sincerely,

The woman who became a little wiser.