An Open Letter to my Galentines

An Open Letter to my Galentines

Ladies celebrating Ladies!

26
An Open Letter to my Galentines
Gap White

With Valentines day around the corner, it's an appropriate time to reflect on relationships. No, not just that "special someone" or your S.O., but also your friendships. I am referring to, of course, GALENTINE'S DAY (thank you Leslie Knope). What is Galentine's day?

In the wise words of Leslie Knope: "It's only the best day of the eyar! It's a day where we celebrate our lady friends!" On this fine holiday, which is traditionally celebrated on February 13th, I would like to reach out to all my Galentine's, and help you reach out to yours!

Dear Galentine,

Hello you beautiful person! First and foremost, I would like to thank you. You have been there for me through the thick and thin of this past year. We've had some laughs and some cries, but we've still made it. Thank you for being there for me with limited judgement (I know there is some latent judgement!) when I do dumb things. Thank you for not only allowing me to do some dumb things, but also joining in on them with me. I don't know where I would be without you. On this amazing day, I would like to make some promises to you for the coming year:

1. I will always be there for you, no matter how many miles separate us! Texting exists for a reason!

2. I won't be quick to judge when you need me not to be, but no promised to not tease you later!

3. I will make that midnight snack run with you, because let's be honest, we both probably need it.

I also want to remind you, though you may/ may not be in a relationship, you are one of my beautiful and amazing Galentine's (cause girl, we are strong, independent women, and we don't need no man!).

With love and thanks,

- Your Galentine :)