To My Best Friend As We Move In Together

First of all, I want to say thank you.
16

Dear Best Friend,

First of all, I want to say thank you. Thank you for making the decision to move in with me. I know it was not my idea to move but I am so glad that we are doing it. I cannot wait. I'm probably going to be saying that until the day we move in. You already know that I would not be able to live alone because of my fear. With that being said, I hope you don't mind if I sleep in your room from time to time. Especially if it is storming.

I cannot wait to decorate! I hope that everything that we have bought already and everything that we will buy will look super cute in the apartment. I hope everything fits because we were not thinking to measure anything or look at how much room there would be (first-time apartment hunting 101). Sure it would have been nice to get the dimensions because we would know for sure but I'm sure it will all work out.

I really hope that you are up to playing board games, and I mean a lot. We didn't play that many games when we were living in the dorms and I hope that changes (because I really like board games). I also hope that we can get out and go for walks or bike rides and explore the new area that we are moving into. One word, geocaching. I've said so many times that I want to go out and geocache and we better do it. It is so much fun and we get to see new places that we normally wouldn't go to. And you do not need to bring pepper spray like you keep saying. We will not be geocaching in sketchy areas.

Next, pizza nights are a must. I know we already do that but since we will be living right down the road from a pizza place it is even more of a must. We have been talking about trying new restaurants in the area as well and that needs to happen. We need to find the best restaurants in town so that we can tell friends and family from our hometowns about them. Because I don't know about you, but I always get asked what some good restaurants are and I don't know any other than chain restaurants.

Again, I just want to say how excited I am to be moving. This is a big change for both of us (not as big as moving from home over here for the first time a year and a half ago but still big). This is going to be our first apartment and I couldn't think of anyone else better to be sharing it with. Even though we have been living together for close to two years now, I am still nervous (and excited) to be moving in with you. I cannot wait for the day that we move in and become even more of adults. We will actually have rent to pay for each month instead of the one payment at the beginning of the school year in the dorms. That is kind of terrifying for me because I'll actually have to pay attention to how much I am spending so that I can pay the rent. Thank you for doing this with me and telling me that it is not a stupid thing to do. These next two years are going to be filled with a lot of memories (good and bad- but mostly good) and I know that it will be two of the best years of my life. Thank you so much! I cannot wait!