An Open Letter To My Dog While I'm Away At School

I wish you could live on campus with me.

33
Mariana Trodella

My dear puppy,

I know you must be so confused as to why Mommy is not around all the time. It breaks my heart that I can't communicate with you and let you know why I am gone. You see, Mommy has to go to school and live there, too. But I miss you every second of every day. You really are my best friend. You bring so much love and joy to my life and I really wish so much that you could come to school and be with me. Imagine how much fun that would be!

It breaks my heart to know that you are always looking for me. I wish you wouldn't sit and cry outside my door. I will always always come back for you. But I know you know that.

When we finally do get reunited, it is the best feeling in the whole entire world to see you get so excited. I know you miss me as much as I miss you. I love how when I first come home, you follow me around everywhere. You are so cute and funny.

My mom sends me pictures of you every single day, and I can not believe how fast you are growing. You are growing up so fast and you are such a good girl.

I miss hearing you bark at all the little things outside. I miss taking you for walks. I miss our cuddles and your puppy kisses. I miss getting to play with you. But it makes me happy to know that when I do come home we always have the best times together.

Before you came into my life, I never understood what people meant when they said that dogs are a girls best friend. But now I know. You make my life complete and better because you are always there for me in ways it is not possible for you to ever understand.

Pretty soon it will be winter break, then summer vacation and I know that we will have the best times together and go on the most amazing adventures. I love taking on the world with my best friend by my side.

You are truly a blessing. I know you are a gift from God and you were meant to be my dog and I was meant to be your owner. You changed my life for the better and I am so proud to call you my dog. You are a good girl. Never forget that. XOXO

I love you, my Zoie.

XOXOX

Mommy.