An Open Letter to Cassandra Clare

An Open Letter to Cassandra Clare

You gave us the sight, and we are so grateful.

141
An Open Letter to Cassandra Clare

Dear Cassandra Clare,

I want to start by simply saying this: thank you. Thank you for being you. Thank you for inviting us into the shadow world, for giving us the sight. When you opened Clary's eyes to the shadow world, you open ours as well, and we could not be more grateful.

Years have passed since City of Bones was released, and many other good books have come out since then, but there is something special about the Shadowhunter novels. Something about Clary, Tessa, Emma, and everyone else that draws us in and keeps us coming back for more.

Your writing draws us into your ever-growing world. We long for it to be real. We long to have a blond, handsome, arrogant teenage heartthrob show up our local coffee house, and tell us that "all the legends are true." But until that happens, we have to live it through your books.

We love your characters and we love the way your characters love. We love the relationships between Clary and Jace, and Izzy and Simon. We fangirl over Malec. We gush over the romantic man that is Jem Carstairs. There is something amazing about the way you write love, and we are so extremely grateful for that.

I guess what I am trying to say is this: Cassandra Clare, you are a beautiful human being who is so incredibly talented. Thank you for existing, and for bringing your novels into existence as well. We love you for it, and sometimes we hate you for hurting your characters, but in the end, we love you. And we always will.

As Jace said, "Everything down there is exactly the same, you're the one that's different." And we are different. Thanks to you.