To My Dearest California, In Your Time Of Need
Weather

California, you've always had my heart and you always will.

78

The state of California is going through an awful time.

Being across the country from your home is hard enough as it is, but being across the country seeing your state literally go up in flames is probably one of the hardest things I've had to watch.

I am worried about my friends who could be affected by these fires and constantly texting my family to make sure that they and everyone we know is okay.

Watching the flames continue to take over the state and people's homes are horrifying.

So, as I sit across the country continuously sitting in front of my TV, watching homes being burned to the ground and people's lives changing for the worse, I send every ounce of love I can, back to the best coast.

* * *

To my dearest California,

Stay strong.

The last few weeks have been some of the hardest weeks I think our state could have gone through. Between the Thousand Oaks shooting and the wildfires that are engulfing the entire state.

While it seems that the world may be crashing down, I know that the people of California will come together and be stronger than ever after this.

What Californians need now is each other. Everyone needs to come together in order to get through this. People are losing their homes. People are losing their lives. Families' memories are being destroyed right before their eyes and they have to prioritize what they want/need the most from what they've collected throughout the years.

So, Californians, this is what I have to say for you.

The only thing that we can do is support each other.

Support those who are affected by this horrific disaster.

Support those who have lost their homes.

Support those who may have lost family because they could not get out in time.

Support the first responders who are risking their lives to make sure that those who are surrounded by these fires. They are literally putting their lives on the line to try and save our communities and need all the physical and emotional support we can give them.

My heart goes out to you California. I may have left you for college, but I will always have you on my mind.

You are the state that gives us the best wine, the best in entertainment, some of the best sports teams and (in my extremely biased opinion) the best people you can find.

I know that the people of California will come together and come out of this disaster so much stronger than before.

Californians are resilient and I know that once this horrible tragedy gets behind us, we will all come out of it together and ready to tackle the challenges that follow the end of these fires taking over our state.

So, here's to you California; to the most beautiful and the strongest state in this country.

You will make it and you will get through this.

Stay safe, and stay strong.

Love you always,

A Californian missing home