An Open Letter To My Boyfriend's Ex

An Open Letter To My Boyfriend's Ex

I have some things I'd like to say.

2432
An Open Letter To My Boyfriend's Ex

To My Boyfriend's Ex,

I know that this is something that may reach you, or it may not. We have mutual friends on social media, so there is a chance that this gets back to you, and honestly I hope it does.

First, I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for messing up, thank you for leading him to me.

Secondly, I need to say screw you. Screw you for what you did to him. The list of things he has told me is long and I feel a pain in my stomach and a lump in my throat whenever he tells me of the things you did and said to him. You are a disgusting human being.

I don’t know about your relationship with my boyfriend, all I know is what he has told me and unfortunately for you he is the most honest man I’ve ever known, so I believe him. I don’t know your side of the story and I don’t care to. He has so many of your old conversations saved and wow, I didn’t think you even had the capability to be such an evil human-being. There are some things I need to get off of my chest, regardless of how hard they may be for you to hear or how sick I feel saying them.

So I have a couple question for you, ex girlfriend. How could you let someone so wonderful go? Better yet, how could you treat someone so horrible while girls like myself stayed up countless nights crying, begging God to sent me someone just like him? I begged and pleaded for him to come into my life years before he actually did. How could you do him so wrong? Did you honestly not see the man that was in front of you? He has the biggest heart of anyone you’ll ever meet. He is the best thing that ever happened to you and no one is ever going to treat you half as good as he did, never forget that.

He is the guy of your dreams. He is the man that movies are made about. He is the guy who makes you feel like you are living in a fairytale. He constantly reminds you of how beautiful he thinks you are (while YOU told him he was ugly almost every day for 5 god-damn years). He tells you he loves you over 100 times a day, literally.

He is the guy who will go out of his way to make sure you know how much he appreciates you. He will surprise you with flowers just because. He will stay up until 12:01AM to wish you a happy anniversary (because if he didn’t send it within the minute you wouldn’t talk to him for days).

So why wasn’t he good enough? I will never understand, because I know for a fact that he is more than enough, much more. How could you lie and cheat on him? What made you think that was okay?

You can play the nice girl in your big Barbie home, with your Barbie family and pretend to have the perfect Barbie life, fool whoever is stupid enough to believe your bullshit. But don’t forget to include the following when you speak about my man

You forced him to change schools, you threatened to make him sleep on the hotel room floor in Myrtle Beach if he didn't go on the Slingshot with you, forced him to go on the Ferris wheel with you despite you knowing he has a fear of heights… But you didn’t really give a shit about how he felt, right? When he didn’t go with you on your family cruise you cheated on him. Was that your way of getting back at him for not doing yet another thing he hates for someone who treated him like shit? You wouldn’t allow him at dances, but when he went with you to homecoming you left him to dance with other guys the entire night. You and other members of your family spoke badly about his mother and wouldn’t allow her at hockey games that you couldn’t attend, her own son... I just don’t understand how anyone could ever be so hateful and plain mean to the nicest man I’ve ever met.

You changed him, you broke his confidence, but I promise you he doesn’t think so little of himself anymore. He doesn’t think he is ugly, because let's get real Hun, you’re the troll here. He could probably be a model, he is literally what dreams are made of. Did you tell him he was ugly so he would begin to think he would never be able to get better? You were so wrong, if so. And again, screw you for ever putting that idea in his head.

But don’t feel too good about yourself, you cold-hearted bitch. He isn’t broken anymore, you’re welcome. And again I thank you. Thank you for letting such an amazing man walk out of your life and into mine. Though he and I haven’t been together long, he looks at me like I put the stars in his sky. Our future is so bright, he is the man of my dreams though I’ve known that since Mr. Wilsons advisory sophomore year. I had to wait 5+ years for you to screw it up enough times for him to finally remove you from his life permanently.

So, ex, screw you for what you did to him. But thank you for letting him go, thank you for treating him so badly so he could appreciate me that much more.

I am forever grateful for your mistakes.

Xoxo,

His forever