An Open Letter to my Boyfriend on His Birthday

Happy 19th birthday Corey!
5361

Happy birthday Corey!

I do not even know where to begin. There are so many things I could say about you. Let me start off with how proud I am of you. I know I say this all the time but I am extremely proud of all you have accomplished. I know your first few months at VMI were tough and there were probably times that you wanted to quit, but you didn't and now you are so close to the end of the ratline. I am so proud of everything you aspire to be. You have talked about becoming a Marine for as long as I can remember but now you are actually on the road to becoming one and I could not be more proud. I can't wait for you to officially become a Marine and be able to look back on all of the hard work that you have put into training and school work and be able to say "I did it". Watching you talk about the Marines is like watching a kid in a candy store. I am amazed at how excited you are to serve your country. You make me strive to be the best version of myself. You are so kind and compassionate to everyone you meet and if everyone in the world was like you the world would be a much better place, most likely crazier but better. I love that you love God before anything or anyone else and that shows in our relationship and is visible to others. You know how to make me laugh and you do it all the time. Somehow you can make me laugh even when I'm not feeling well or I'm in a bad mood. Along with making me laugh you make me feel beautiful even when I don't think I am. Thank you for always being there for me and letting me vent, even when I'm overreacting. Thank you for holding me up while ice skating, buying me food, and loving me for me. I am so thankful to have you in my life and I couldn't imagine life without you. Happy birthday. I love you to the moon and back.