An Open Letter To My Best Friend Back Home

Don't be a stranger.

8
Facebook

For as long as I can remember, you were my best friend. Born only a month apart, and living two houses away from each other, there were not many days spent that we weren’t side by side. I would say we are closer to brothers than friends.

Growing up where we did allowed us to create some pretty great memories. Riding our bikes all around town, and then getting in trouble for racing through traffic. The times we tried and failed to play tennis, always making the people on the other court angry for interrupting their game. We would spend countless days at the skate park, thinking one day we would go pro. Then we started playing little league and you would always play catch whenever I asked, never once complaining that we never did anything else. As we grew older, we may not have hung out as often as we once did, but we both knew we had each other’s backs no matter what. We both knew that if one of us needed something, the other would do it no matter what.

Now that I have gone to school, we have seen much less of each other. The great thing about us is that no matter how long we go without seeing or speaking to each other, as soon as we meet up again, its like no time has passed at all. However, at some point this past year, we lost touch. We stopped keeping in touch with each other and we missed out on some pretty big moments in each other’s lives. Now, I’m not ragging on us; we’re getting older, different things start to come up, and we are much busier than when we were ten years old riding our bikes around the neighborhood.

I recently found out what happened just a few weeks ago and I want to say I’m sorry I wasn’t able to make it for you. I didn’t bring it up last time we hung out because I didn't know how, and you seemed to be doing fine. However, I hope you still know that I will always be there for you. All you need to do is ask. We’ve been friends all our lives and I know it will stay that way until the day we die. Chris, I love you bro, and I’ll always be here for you. Stay strong, man.