An Open Letter to my Best Friend

An Open Letter to my Best Friend

You will be my best friend for life and I just want to tell you that I love you.
Adrian
Adrian
47

Every time I open Odyssey, there is a new 'letter to my best friend', but I am not here to prove that you are the best I am just simply here to show everyone else why you are so amazing.

Dear Best Friend

We rarely call each other best friend, but it seems fitting. You really are my best friend, but over the years you have become my sister and the only member of my family that I can choose. Honestly, I'd never choose anyone else. For the past almost 15 years now you have been my go-to, shoulder to cry on, the person with the most memories. Personally, I cannot imagine my life without you.

I don't just love you, but I need to tell you how happy I am to be your friend as well. You have grown into a beautiful and respectable woman and it makes me so happy that I have been there to see it. Even though we didn't go to the same high school, and we don't see each other every day you are my person. You are the Cristina to my Meredith, the yin to my yang. I love you and I am so happy for you to be doing what makes happy. Not only are you thriving in the nursing program but you have fallen in love with your best friend and it is beautiful to watch.

After 15 years, several vacations, probably hundreds of Greeks dates, and Valentines Days together I have to call you my best friend. You are my ride or die. Even when we've fought I still loved you. Like the biggest fight, we've ever had was over a t-shirt. I cannot imagine not having you around, to call when I miss you, eat dinner with when I'm lonely, or even spend Valentines Day with even though you were in a relationship. You will be my best friend for life and I just want to tell you that I love you.

Sincerely,

Your Best Friend/ Best Sister

P.S. even though you have three other sibilings, always remember I'm the best sister <3