An Open Letter To My Baby Sister

An Open Letter To My Baby Sister

You have no idea how proud I am of you.

25
An Open Letter To My Baby Sister
Etsy

Hey girl,

Holy goodness, you're so grown up now! I know I'm so much older than you, and I wasn't around an awful lot, but it has been so much fun to watch you grow up! I remember when you were born; I changed your diapers, I rocked you to sleep. And now you're like, liking boys, and learning fractions, and it blows my freaking mind.

I also want you to know how proud I am of you. You're where I wish I was when I was your age. Doing great things in chorus, breaking records all over the place in swim team, getting citizen of the month, and doing so well in school. I see my influence on you all the time and it makes my heart so happy every day to know that I have had an impact on your life.

Now, because I'm your older sister, I'm entitled to give you some unsolicited advice. Here it goes...

1) Call your parents. Let them know you love them. When you get to college and never ever see them anymore, you will miss them and regret not spending more time with them. This also extends to Nana. Call her all the time because she loves you and wants to hear about all the wonderful things you do.

2) Keep the motivation you have now. Everything is going to get harder as you grow up. Keep your head up! Don't let hard school work or hard anything get in your way. You are so strong and so wonderful; you are strong and can conquer anything.

3) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE always have self respect. Understand that no one has a right to walk all over you. Not mean friends, not mean boys, not mean anyone.

Finally, I want you to know that I love you and miss you so so so much. You are so amazing and I can't wait to see what you do with your life. Know that I will always be here for you, and that you can come to me with ANYTHING, and I will keep it between us. I love you, girlie. Always will.

Love,

Your big sister