An Open Letter To Anyone Who Is Feeling Lost

A reminder that you are loved and important.
914

Dear You,

You matter. Yes, you.

You are beautiful, inside and out, because you are unique. Skinny, curvy, tall, short, blonde, brunette, redhead, blue, brown or green eyes – there is nobody else out there like you.

You are talented. Whether your talent lies in sports, music, writing, acting, art, cooking, photography, technology or some other skill.

You are gifted. So have confidence in your gifts, and follow your heart's desires. Share your passion with the world to make it shine a little brighter. You are someone who is truly special and irreplaceable.

You are smart. No matter how old you are, what your GPA is or where you go to school. Grades and majors do not define people's worth. Neither do possessions or careers. Your soul and heart are what define you and ultimately make you a beautiful, intelligent person.

You are human. It's OK that you're not perfect because nobody is. It's OK if you make mistakes. We all do. It's OK if you don't know what you want to do with your life. And if you’re unsure about what you chose to do, it's OK to change your mind.

The most perfect thing in life is that people are not perfect. You can change, you can grow and you can be whatever you want. You are not limited to a specific type of success or lifestyle. You are the captain of your own happiness.

This most important thing to remember is you are never alone. You are loved, no matter what happens or who you are. There are people around you, even people you may not be aware of, who genuinely care about you and will drop everything they are doing to help you. There are people in your life who cannot imagine life without you.

So always remember that you are important. You have a purpose. You are worthy. You are wanted. You are needed. And you are blessed with the gift of life.

"Don’t give up. Don’t give up on your story. Don’t give up on the people you love. Hope is real. Love is real. It’s all worth fighting for." - Jamie Tworkowski

You– yes, you – matter. And you have to believe it because the rest of us already see it.

Sincerely,

Someone who sometimes forgets this herself