Poetry On moving Onward for the Dreaming Girl

Onward, Dreaming Girl

A poem personifying the importance of holding onto what you truly believe in and want to conquer the "box" of what is expected.

1936

This is for the women who feel confined to normalities and desire to make their dreams come true. It is never too late, nor is it ever ridiculous to make them happen for it is your life. Now, may this piece instill that bravery inside of you to seek those dreams out and live them fully and fruitfully!

The space felt so confined, so familiar

The routine, it was the same and never any clearer

There were cryptic messages of doubt

And not enough to make it count

She dreamt of a world where she knew, where she was certain

There were things she hoped she would find

It was the dream that kept it all alive

It was the same things everyday,

Some she was fond of and others, not so much

But it was the separation of this common space she wanted

To feel the things of an otherworldly touch

She worried a lot, a little, or too deeply

It came to the point where her dreams were only fleeting

'What a ridiculous idea,' or 'you can't do it,' spun around her ears

From those she thought she trusted and held so dear

The space began to close in on her each and everyday,

Until a ray of light in her sprouted in her

And grew and grew until it began to shine

It pushed back on the walls of the closing room

And made space for the stars

Tears formed in her eyes as she realized her dreams were never gone

The sounds of negativity fell quickly away

The bright light finding her a new way

It was always there, she just needed to believe a little more

The vastness of that otherworldly thing becoming real and filled with dreams galore

She saw many possibilities and soon, the walls that confined her

Parted for the last time and crumbled in size, seen, no more after

If there is something the girl seized more than the day itself

It was the realization that her dreams never be shelved

No matter the closing of a familiar space

No matter the naysayers

No matter the height

No matter the depth

She knew, she finally knew

That the room that kept her confined

Matter little to the open Space of Stars

Her dreams, it's true

For today's dirt

Can be tomorrow's gold

Not monetary but spiritual wealth

And now she knew

How much her dreams meant, yes it's true

For a fleeting memory of that room

The girl cracks a smile

Staring into her Moon