I Went To Prom With John Krasinski, Billie Eilish, And Chance The Rapper

Online prom with John Krasinski totally made up for prom being cancelled.

152
Unsplash

Every senior's prom has been cancelled due to the coronavirus. Some seniors have been lucky enough to have their prom rescheduled. Others have not been so lucky. On April 17th, John Krasinski and other celebrities came together to try to make this current situation better for the class of 2020.

I love The Office. I have for quite some time. I have rewatched all nine seasons 13 times. So when I heard John Krasinski, who played Jim on The Office, was hosting an online prom for the class of 2020, I was in. I wasn't sure how he was going to host an online prom. After watching it I can say he did not disappoint.

When I logged on to his live video, it took a while for him to get started. Once he got on, the party started. He played some music and Rainn Wilson joined. Rainn plays Dwight on The Office and I personally find him hilarious. John started to play a song by Chance the Rapper and Rainn told him that he needed permission from the artist to play their song. Of course, Chance the Rapper popped on and they all started dancing to Chance's song.

After Chance the Rapper's song, John and Rainn were joined by the Jonas Brothers. The Jonas Brothers have been one of my favorite groups since Camp Rock came out. They performed their song "Sucker" and one of my favorite songs. Even though I wasn't there to physically watch them, I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Being able to see John, Rainn, Chance the Rapper, and the Jonas Brothers try to give the class of 2020 an online prom made me feel better, but John didn't stop there. Billie Eilish and her brother, Finneas, came on to perform "bad guy", which is also one of my favorite songs. Their video lagged a little bit but it was still great.

There was even an after party. D-Nice hosted it on his Instagram live. He played a great variety of music. I listened to it while I was doing math homework and it put me in a better mood.

Sadly, the online prom only lasted about 40 minutes. But, John Krasinski went out of his way to give the class of 2020 their senior prom. Even though it wasn't the real thing and I wasn't able to experience it with my class, the online prom meant a lot. It was a safe and fun alternative to my senior prom. I was able to enjoy myself and see some of my favorite actors and singers while staying at home and preventing the spread of the coronavirus.