The Top Ten Best Tips For Guys On Online Dating

Dear Guys On Dating Apps, Let Me Give You Some Insight On The Top 10 Do's And Don'ts Of Dating Websites

I can almost assure you that by following these dos and don'ts, you'll be getting more and more matches, guys.

458
https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2016/12/02/22/37/coffee-1878750_960_720.jpg

A while ago, my dad mentioned that one of his coworkers had recently started seeing someone. She said that as cringy as it sounds, she met him on a dating website called Bumble. Unlike most dating websites, such as Tinder or Match, she said that Bumble actually made it really easy to find someone you're compatible with and the app isn't just used for hookups.

So, what was a girl and her best friend supposed to do on their day off? Of course, we downloaded the app and set up my profile.

What we found was just wrong--entertaining--but wrong.

We compiled a list of all the things that so many potential guys had, that made them go from hero to zero. There was also a list of the things that some people included, that shot them straight to the top of the list. After narrowing it down to five dos and five don'ts, I figured I'd share it with you so the next time you create your own profile, you'll know exactly what to do.

1. DON'T make the first picture of you with an ex-girlfriend

www.quickmeme.com

You'd think that would be self-explanitory.

2. DO include pictures of pets

Man with his dog

vetstudentstories.merckmanuals.com

If a girl doesn't swipe right on you, she'll swipe right on your dog.

3. DON'T make the first picture of you flexing.

cdn.pixabay.com

That just makes your good features look bad (regardless of how attractive it may be).

4. DO include your political views

cdn.pixabay.com

This makes things a whole lot easier than getting halfway into a conversation and you realize your talking to a snowflake.

5. DON'T only use one picture throughout your profile

cdn.pixabay.com

1. That's suspicious

2. Less likely to swipe right

6. DO put your ACCURATE age

cdn.pixabay.com

The amount of people we came across that we KNEW who LIED about their age on their profile...shame on you.

7. DON'T use a picture from 5 years ago

static.reservedirect.com

PLEASE keep your profile updated. If you turn out to look like a lumberjack when you were clean-shaven in your profile pic, that's just not right.

8. DO include pictures of pets

i.imgur.com

Did I say this already??

p.s. look at me the way this cat looks at her owner.

9. DON'T have a raunchy bio

i.ytimg.com

Nothing's a quicker turn-off than a pretty face and a terrible bio.

10. DO shoot your shot

cdn.pixabay.com

With bumble, girls have to make the first move, so don't leave us hanging! If we even decide to reach out, you're already in the right direction.

While it was interesting to see all the different people I matched with on Bumble, I definitely think I'm going to leave the matchmaking to God.

Following these tips should help you guys alter your profile and find the perfect match for you! Pay special attention to numbers two and eight...those will get you bonus points.