Another Reason to Read Books this Summer

Your summer reading list is not complete without a book from this list.

12

While strolling through the internet the other day, I stumbled across an online book club. Yes, another online book club. But this one is different. From the name alone, I already know it's unique. The Classics Club only reads books that are considered classics (sometimes classics are in the eye of the beholder) and it must be a self-generated list of 50 books or more. And the best part? There is no set deadline! You don't know how happy I was to see that. I've participated in plenty of challenges that I haven't completed, so this gives me the hope of finally finishing one. This club allows you to set your own deadline and you can edit it as you go along. I love the flexibility. I've decided to be semi-realistic and set my deadline for July 2021. The hardest part so far has been figuring out what books to put on my list (this can also change throughout the challenge).

So without further ado, here is my debut list:

1.Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

2.The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

3.The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

4.Les Misérables by Victor Hugo

5.Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes

6.Last of the Mohicans by James Cooper

7.Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery

8.The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

9.Anna Karenia by Leo Tolstoy

10. Watership Down by Richard Adams

11.The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende

12. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

13.A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett

14.The Divine Comedy by Dante

15.The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens

16.The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas

17.The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank

18.The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving

19.The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare

20.The Prince by Machiavelli

21.The Crucible by Arthur Miller

22.Paradise Lost by John Milton

23.The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison

24.The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy

25.1984 by George Orwell

Want to see the rest of my list? Check out the entire list at my Goodreads page.

Make sure to check back to see updates and reviews as I finish each book.