5 Reasons To Join A Book Club

5 Reasons To Join A Book Club

Why shouldn't you join a book club?
638

Books clubs are amazing in my opinion. You get to read books and bond with others through them. Here are five reasons you should join one immediately.

1. You get to meet new people/friends

At the book club I am currently a part of, I have made many new friends, and it is all because of the bonds we have made over discussing books. With a book you can discuss many things such as the characters or the plot, or even go deeper, and it helps gives an insight of the people you are around in the book club. It is a wonderful way to make friends, in my personal opinion.

2. You can expand your reading horizons

Because I joined a book club, I have books I would have never picked up if I hadn’t have joined. I have also found that I have enjoyed the books in their own way, and it makes me more open to different genres and authors I definitely not have picked up before joining a book club. This is a great way to branch off from those young adult novels and get into fantasy or historical fiction or even nonfiction. You never know with book clubs, because book clubs read anything and everything, which is part of the beauty of it.

3. You have something to do in your free time

I often have free time on my hands, and joining a book club gave me something to do with that time. I can now read many new books, and hang around people who are reading the same books with this free time that I find myself with. I can even say that I now use my time trying to find the next book on our list, and sometimes find others books along the way!

4. It gives you a reason to buy new books

It’s not like I need a reason to buy books, but I feel like this gives me a justification to all the books I have been recently buying for my already full bookcases. This justification is all I need to keep on adding to my interesting collection of novels.

5. You can get a better understanding of the world around you

In many book clubs you read the latest and most popular novel of the month. Because of this, the reader can get a better understanding of the world around them, as well as outside of their own realm. Books are a great way to expand your horizons, and establish you views of the worlds. What better way to form an opinion than to read a point of view of others?

These are just some of the reasons why book clubs are amazing. There are many other reasons why you should join, but those are for you to discover on your own, so get out there and read your heart out with some friends.There is nothing more magical in this world than a book club!