Online Bashing

Online Bashing

You can put people down online, but you can’t be tough enough to do it in person?
530

Whoever made the nursery rhyme, “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me” was obviously not born in the 21st century. Words can most definitely hurt someone's feelings.

Just because you don’t like someone doesn't mean you need to point it out to the whole world. You aren't going to get along with everyone. Everyone isn’t going to be your best friend. You aren’t going to have commonalities with everyone you come across. Everyone has their differences, their own beliefs and their own ways of doing life. Who are you to sit there and judge someone for being themselves? What kind of person are you?

If you think someone is ugly, it does not mean you have to comment on their Instagram. Just because you don't agree with someone's political post on Facebook doesn't mean you have to comment some smart alack comment about how stupid you think they are. (You shouldn’t be posting about politics anyways.)

You are only belittling someone when you say hurtful comments over the internet. You are making that person hate that part of themselves. They are now trying to change themselves even though who they are right now is perfectly fine. You make them feel like who they are now, is not who they are supposed to be. You make them feel as if they don’t fit in with everyone else.

If you make fun of someone online, whether it be about their appearance, their personal life, their sexuality, or their beliefs, you are a bully.

If you are going to talk crap about someone, at least tag them on Facebook, Instagram and @ them on Twitter. Don’t be a wuss about it.

You know what is even better? You can be an adult about things and confront them in person about what has been bothering you.

Don’t hide your ugly attitude behind some cheap computer.

To those who are being bashed and bullied online:

Do not be afraid to stick up for yourself. You do not need to conform to what people say you need to be. You can be whoever you want to be. You have every single right to be yourself.

Haters are always going to hate.