Get Through Thanksgiving Before Talking About Christmas

Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Many people think that just because Halloween is over it means that it is socially acceptable to start talking about Christmas. But here's the thing. It is not okay to start talking about Christmas yet, I don't want to hear Christmas music and I don't want to see Christmas movies already on TV.

Don't get me wrong Christmas is my favorite holiday but I can only take just so much Christmas before I'm Christmased out. The last couple of years I haven't been in the Christmas spirit once the holiday actually rolled around because everyone around me was in all out Christmas mode on November 1st.

My proposition for you all is to get through Thanksgiving before you start to go total Christmas. You will probably find more people in the Christmas spirit as the holiday gets closer because they won't have been bombarded with Christmas everywhere for almost two months by the time it actually gets here.

If we slowed down and took things one holiday at a time instead of essentially skipping over a holiday you might find fewer Grinches around Christmas and you would see fewer people stressed out about holidays.

Sure Christmas is supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year. But it isn't when you shove Christmas down everyone's throat well before it is actually time to worry about it. You will see your family at Thanksgiving you can ask them then what they might want for Christmas. You can start playing Christmas music and showing Christmas movies on Black Friday.

Too much of a good thing is not always good. If you eat too much candy you'll get a stomach ache. If you start all things Christmas too early you will have people who are Christmased out well before Christmas even if it is that person's favorite holiday.

Slow down. Smell the roses and take it one holiday at a time!