When One Door Closes, It's Usually For A Reason, Don't Try To Pry It Open

I'm here to tell you to let that door slam shut.

53

"When one door closes, another one opens."

This saying has stood the test of time and while it has proven to be true, sometimes people (read: me) try to put their foot in to try to stop the door from closing completely. It can be hard to completely accept that some things are not meant to be and we'll try everything in our power to ensure that we get what we want.

Don't knock on that door, don't try to jiggle the handle or pick the lock. It's closed for a reason and more times than not, it's for a better reason that you won't get to experience until you move onto the next open door. I'm living proof that when you move onto a new door, you will feel so much happier and refreshed even though right now it might not seem that way (and believe me, I've tried to pry open many many doors).

Maybe you didn't get the job you wanted but that's just the universe telling you that there is something bigger and better for you to do with your skills. You may not get to date the person that you like but that's a sign that it wouldn't have worked out anyway and there is someone special on reserve just for you. You could get sick, lose a loved one or a friend, get stuck in a new and foreign place, the list goes on. But everything happens for a reason. True, it may hurt a bit and it might be a confusing time at first but once you walk through the new door, everything will make sense.

Everyone's lives are different and wanting something that someone else has is normal but there are times that we cannot have what we want. As cliche as it sounds, we all have our own destiny and we just have to keep walking through our open doors in order for us to live it out. Also, why would you want something or someone that isn't supposed to be yours? It's a lot like receiving a present.

Wouldn't you much rather have the present with your name on it versus someone else's name? Yes, it can be tempting and you might even have the urge to steal or "borrow" someone else's present but in the end, it's not yours to take and taking it from someone else is wrong and can result in hurt feelings.

So the next time a door is shut on your path of life, don't fret. Take it as a sign that there's something way better waiting for you behind another door and you just have to keep going. It's not going to be an easy thing to do but I promise you that you will be much happier and fulfilled when you finally reach your final destination.