One Direction In 10 Years

One Direction In 10 Years

Yes, I am 20 years old, and yes, I love One Direction.

182
One Direction In 10 Years

Yes, I am 20 years old, and yes, I love One Direction. I am not ashamed to admit this. I am also not ashamed to admit how devastated I was when Zayn decided to selfishly leave his band-mates and venture out on his own (although I am a fan of his new music). As many other devoted One Direction fans, I hold onto the idea that the boys will get back to making sweet symphonies together once again. However, in the back of my mind, I have a feeling that this “break” is for more than just a year. With this heartbreaking thought in mind, I have envisioned a future for the boys. A future that I hope never becomes reality (because I want 1D to last forever), but if they must part here is how I picture the boys in 10 years.

1. Harry Styles

Age in 10 Years: 32

I am going to begin with my favorite member of the group, Harry Styles. His vocals are unmatched, and his charisma and charm is enough to make girls all around the world swoon. I predict that Harry will drop his first solo album in 2017. The album will have major success. As much as I hate to say it, I don’t believe that Harry will have an enduring career in the music industry. I do think he will have at least 3 solo albums, and possibly be an X-Factor judge in his early 30s. However, Harry will not release any new music in his 30s. This is a very hard thing to imagine so please take a moment of silence to reflect on his career thus far if you need to.

2. Louis Tomlinson

Age in 10 years: 34

I am just going to come right out and say it. Louis is done. He is not even going to do anything in his 20's never-mind in his 30's. He has the weakest vocals out of all of the members of the band (sorry). His boyishly cute look can only last so long. Louis is the person that you will see in your local grocery store in 10 years and do a double take. He is just never going to be successful in the music industry without One Direction. Maybe we will see him on Dancing With The Stars in 10 years, but that's about it. Unfortunately, it is time to say goodbye to Louis.

3. Niall Horan

Age in 10 years: 32

Niall will be the most successful out of all of the boys. This may be a surprise to you all considering that Niall does not have the strongest vocals. However, I envision Niall becoming a successful producer or songwriter. His behind the scenes work will live on in music for decades to come.

4. Liam Payne

Age in 10 years: 32

Where do I begin? Poor Liam. He tries so hard to fit in with the boys, but comes up short every time. Personally, I still love him anyway, but he will not have a presence in the music industry after the band’s split. In his early 30s, Liam will release a Christmas Album that will be an embarrassment to his career. The photo on the album will be him in a turtleneck striped sweater fake laughing. It is uncomfortable to imagine, but it is a sad reality we will all soon face.

5. Zayn Malik

Age in 10 years: 33

Last, but definitely not least the man who tore our hopes and dreams apart… Zayn. Mr. Malik’s debut album will be released next week and, if his singles are any indication of the album, it will be decent. He has some hits on the album, but One Direction fans like myself still have a little angst toward Zayn. I will support him in his new endeavors, but it will pain me to do so. In ten years Zayn will not be as famous as he is today. At 33, Zayn will attempt to become a music producer, but fail miserably. Oh, and Zayn is definitely going to be single in his 30s (Sorry to GiGi and Zayn fans).

Let’s hope that in 10 years us fans are lucky enough to have the boys reunite for a One Direction World Tour 2026.