One Date Doesn't Mean You're Committed

One Date Doesn't Mean You're Committed

It's okay to go on multiple dates in search of that perfect someone, don't be pressured into commitment.

11
One Date Doesn't Mean You're Committed
Everypixel

Lately, I have been searching high and low for the perfect guy. While in search for the perfect guy I have talked to multiple ones, most of the time, at the same time. I like to think of this as if you're buying an apple in the store, you have to search through multiple ones before you find the perfect one.

Sometimes, I feel like I am losing myself in this process. Until I come along bumps in the road which remind me who I am. But most of the time more than ever, boys think after I go on one date with them, that I am committed to them. Ladies, it's okay to go on multiple dates to find the right one. But never lead them on and make them think you like them more than you do.

Recently I ran into a situation exactly like this and I met them one time and never hung out with them after that. They proceeded to think I was committed to them and that I wasn't allowed to go on another date with a guy. I also wasn't "allowed" to think other boys were attractive. No one should ever be told what they can, or can't do, in their love life from someone else. If you want to go on multiple dates to find the right one then go for it. If you only want to talk to one person at a time, that's okay! Just never forget who you are along the way.

Other people need to stop thinking that one date means commitment. We're young, we make mistakes, we need to live our life to the fullest. We don't need to devote all of our time to one person, unless, we most desperately need to. Don't let someone pressure you into commitment if you're not ready for it.