On Our Last First Day

On Our Last First Day

As we approach each last I challenge everyone to view it as approaching the start of something new and exciting and going where ever God's plan leads you.
16

We have done it countless times for many years. We wake up early with butterflies in our stomachs. We eat our breakfast, pick out an outfit, brush our teeth and maybe smile for a photo - but this is our last day of that.

Today, we have our last first day of school (unless you go to grad school). As we continue through this year we will run into more and more lasts. The last football game, our last set of finals, last holiday break, and so many more lasts. I owe so much to every teacher and every school and everything I have learned will come with me when time as the student ends.

My suggestion to all college seniors is to not look at all of the lists that we will be having. In our world today we tend to focus on the negatives and let the good things go right by us. But why? This year I am going to look back on these last few years and see how much I have grown, how much I have changed, and how much I have learned.