What You Need To Know About On-Campus Jobs

Everything You Need To Know About On-Campus Jobs

Need a job on campus? Here's some background so you know exactly what you're getting yourself into.

70

I, like many other students, have a job on-campus. I work in Central Services at my school. I work events going on in the auditorium, deliver mail, and bring professors paper clips if need be.

I've met some awesome people through working here, and I've met a bunch of professors who I could potentially be taught by in the future. Establishing connections early is crucial, especially in the field I'm hoping to go into, so this is awesome.

A downside to my job, however, is that I get out quite late on some nights. This can be a setback in terms of getting work done, but nights in the office are pretty relaxed since most professors leave after standard business hours. I have the chance to get a lot of work done while I'm here, and it's a great environment to get work done in. Not a lot of distractions!

One of my professors was kind enough to offer us extra credit for writing about events going on in the school, and since I'm working these events, I get PAID for going to them in addition to the extra credit. This is a really cool perk!

Which reminds me... Let me state the obvious. One of the many upsides to a job is (of course) the weekly green envelope. Anyone can agree that a constant source of money is GREAT, as just about any stereotypical college student is as broke as the next.

The one down-side to this in my case is that the online check deposit feature on my bank's phone app doesn't work, and the money I make is therefore not actually being deposited. I'll see it eventually, though! (haha)

Having a job on-campus isn't exactly glamorous, but it's really not bad. I've personally had a lot of fun at my job, and it's going to help me out in the long run!

A bonus: sometimes, the professors bring their DOGS to work, which is AWESOME. They'll sometimes stop by with their pets, and they're so cute!