5 Reasons To Turn On The Olympics Right Now

The Olympics provide a common goal for our world to unite everyone in.

21
Boston University

The Olympics are something to look forward to every four years. They bring excitement, awe, amazement, and bewilderment. Many people only watch sections or don't watch it at all. Here are reasons why everyone should watch the olympics regardless of their athletic interests.

1. Unity

The Olympics provide a common goal for our world to unite everyone in. Thousands of olympians worldwide come together with their sponsors to break records and show off their skills. The world unites and delights in every moment of success and holds their breath with olympians in moments of triumph. For once, there is peace and everyone is in support of one another in their endeavours. Our world comes together as one to surpass the laws of nature and to push the limits to the extreme. Everyone supports each other through every tough and trying moment.

2. Inspiration

Every athlete that attends the olympics has worked their entire life to get here. It is their dream, motivation, and power. These athletes are true motivators for everyone to push hard and far for what they desire most. It doesn't matter if you play a sport or not, everyone can achieve their dreams.

3. Succes

The Olympics are a prime example of what four years of hard intensive work can do for you. Hard work truly does pay off. People rejoice in the success of others as it lifts us all up. How cool would it be to share a moment of success with an olympian as they represent their country or even our own country.

4. Try something new

Before the olympics, i never knew that certain events were consideres an olympic sport. The olympics allow athletes to show off what can be considered impossible and break records no one ever dreamed of. The olympics inspire all to try a new sport or new activity and to improve on it. Having the courage to try makes the difference.

5. Being a good sport

I know it's tough to take in defeat but it is a necessary skill in life to have to take defeat without exploding. Not every athlete can win a gold medal. Therefore, there will always be someone to take last place. But, all of the athletes are prime examples of supporting each other at all times even when competing. We all need to be good sports whenever a friend gets the promotion, someone wins a grand prize, or even in just the success of our family and friends.

As the Olympics begin this week, remember to participate and support every moment of triumph and success with these athletes. They need all of the support they can get to represent their countries. They are winning for us and we must support them as they represent all of our hard work.