To My Older Sister, Now That I'm An Adult I Want To Thank You For Inspiring Me

My favorite but only sister.
262

Sissy,

Firstly I would like to say thank you for being my first friend. Even though you're 9 years older than me, I still consider you my first best friend. It only seems like yesterday you were in high school getting ready for the football games while I sat back and wanted to join you. Now, 10 years later, we're both adults and you have blessed me with an amazing little girl I get to call my niece.

There are so many memories that will stick with me throughout my life that we've experienced together. From our dance parties to our Vines that we would make in the summer. I'll always hold those close to my heart. It's crazy to think that here we are so much older.

You just bought your first house and had your first child. And I just graduated high school and am now in my first year of college. Don't get me wrong, as much as I hated having you live with me for so long, I do miss it sometimes.

You have taught me many things throughout life, and I'm very thankful for that. In all honesty, it kind of sucked being 9 years apart because that really is a huge age gap, but we somehow had a bond that was unbreakable, and we still do. I also would like to thank you for being born first because Mom was a lot more strict with you than she was with me... so thanks for taking one for the team!

Now, that we're older, we don't see each other as much anymore. But you kind of did get lucky though since I decided to go to college where you live. But all in all, thank you for being my big sister. I know I can tell you anything because you won't judge me.

Thank you for inspiring me and always making sure I'm doing good. Thank you for making me the strong person I am today. I don't know how I could've lived without you these past 19 years of my life.

I love you so much big sissy... see you soon,

Your little sissy