To The Guy Who Will Marry My Older Sister

To The Guy Who Will Marry My Older Sister, My Sister And I Are A Package Deal

I hope you know what you're getting yourself into!

454

When you marry my sister, you will not just be marrying her, but her entire family. That includes me. You should know that I'm very protective of my siblings and only want what is best for them. I know you're a great guy and I'm so happy that you've proposed and are in the beginning stages of planning the wedding. I couldn't be happier for you two.

Know that my older sister has six younger siblings that think you're a great guy. We're beyond ecstatic that you've come into not only her life but ours as well. You've shown us what a true gentleman looks like these days. You surprised us by how quickly you jumped right into our family life, not caring that we're loud, chaotic, and just a lot to deal with because there are so many of us. Countless people have told me that they can't imagine what it's like growing up in a family of seven kids, but not you. You grew up with only two younger siblings, not six younger siblings like my older sister did. But instead of shying away from our quirkiness, you threw yourself into our lives and fit right in. That's how I knew you were the one for my sister.

To the guy who will marry my older sister, I think you know what this means. I think you know that my sister is crazy and that you aren't marrying someone "normal." My older sister has many needs, needs that I personally think are just really extra. But what do I know? I'm just the younger sister who's only job was to tease, make fun of, and embarrass my older sister. My sister is the best older sister, though. She's the one who would tell me to stop talking in public so I wouldn't embarrass her, or myself. She's the one who would not say anything to anyone, so I did all of the talking for the two us. This typically ended up with me getting in trouble. Now that we're adults, I'm so thankful my sister, has you. You two balance each other out so well.

To the guy who will marry my older sister, thank you. My parents have prayed for my sister's future husband since she was a baby. When I found out that the two of you were officially official, I prayed that God would make it clear very quickly if this was the right move or not. It for sure was. Looking back over the last two years, I can see how God orchestrated all of this. In fact, looking back over the course of my sister's life and how God prepared both of you to come together at just the right time is stunning. God's handiwork never ceases to amaze me (I mean, after all, He is God). My sister isn't perfect, and I know you aren't, either. But you're perfect for each other, and I'm so excited to welcome you into my family with open arms. Here's to forever!