Disney-shows-taught-me

13 Old Disney Channel originals That Shaped Me Into Who I Am Today

Old Disney Channel taught me how to be the person I am today with these little life lessons hidden in every show.

378
Disney Channel

I never realized how much of my self-confidence and drive has been shaped by the TV shows I watched as a little kid. While driving in my car jamming out to the first "High School Musical" soundtrack, I realized just how much those old Disney Channel shows shaped my into the person I am today. These are the little life lessons each show taught me.

1. "Hannah Montana"

This one seems pretty simple as she wrote a whole song about it, but "Hannah Montana" taught me that nobody is perfect and everyone has flaws. Even the rock star herself had imperfections she learned to love.

2. "Kim Possible"

Another pretty self explanatory one, "Kim Possible" showed everyone that anything is possible if you put your mind to it. Her name is Kim POSSIBLE after all!

3. "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody"

Zack and Cody made the most of their days living in a hotel and most likely on a very small budget with their mom's singing career, yet they still managed to have fun. They taught me to enjoy the simple things in life like running in hotel lobbies with Mr. Mosby chasing after you.

4. "Suite life on Deck"

Now that Suite Life moved onto a big cruise ship, not only did Zack and Cody teach me to enjoy the little things, but they also taught me to appreciate the big things too. Never again will I be ungrateful for life at sea.

5. "That's So Raven"

While Raven could see into the future with her visions, she taught me that you have to live in the moment. She worried too much about the future that she never really stopped to enjoy the moment she was living.

6. "Camp Rock"

"Camp Rock" showed me that life is better when you are a unique individual, not someone trying to follow a group. I mean did you see how miserable it was to be in Tess Tyler's shadow?

7. "Wizards of Waverly Place"

I know I'm not the only one who wanted Justin to win the Family Wizard competition, but this show showed me that even at your lowest point or your biggest failure, family will always stick by you.

8. "High School Musical"

The whole story in "High School Musical" is about being different than the typical high school stereotypes. You can be an athlete who likes to cook creme brulee or a geek who likes to pop, lock, jam, and break. Be what makes you feel comfortable.

9. "Phineas and Ferb"

With 104 days of summer vacation, "Phineas and Ferb" somehow made the most of everyday. Even on the days it rained, they were able to still find something fun to do.

10. "Jump In"

"Jump In" taught me that you need to work hard in order to be successful. All those double dutch moves were not learned overnight, they had to put in the effort and practice to nail their routines.

11. "Jonas"

Even though this show was short-lived, the Jo Bros showed me that the saying, "Bros before hoes" is real. I know this doesn't specifically apply to me, but to all the guys out there, these brothers understand the bond between brothers.

12. "Cheetah Girls"

"Amigas Cheetahs, friends for life!" These movies taught lessons about sisterhood and friendship that no other show can even compare to. So, while the Jonas Brothers show was about brotherhood, "Cheetah Girls" was all about girl power and "Chicks over Dicks"

13. "Lizzie McGuire"

Last but not least is an all-time classic, "Lizzie McGuire." With her animated inner voice guiding her through life, Lizzie McGuire showed me that confidence is key and in order to gain confidence, you have to believe in yourself. Isn't that what little cartoon people are for anyways?