It's Okay To Be Addicted To Concerts

It's Okay To Be Addicted To Concerts

There's nothing better than being a musicophile.

39
StubHub

There’s nothing better than listening to your favorite band…except for listening to your favorite band live.

Hi, I’m Briana, and I’m a concert addict.

Okay, maybe addict isn’t the right word since I don’t go to that many. But if I were a millionaire, I would spend all of my extra money on concerts. In the past couple years, I’ve been fortunate enough to see many of my favorite bands perform, and later this year I’ll be seeing two of my favorites for the first time.

There’s no feeling like it. I don’t know about you guys, but I get overly excited just listening to a song on my laptop. Imagine my excitement hearing the song in person from the people who have taken care of me without even knowing it.

I think it’s a form of therapy for me. I have never been happier than when I’m at a concert. It takes away the stress that’s constantly looming just over my shoulder. It sounds crazy, but I can feed off the energy of a concert high for at least a week afterward.

Music never fails to lift my mood. It distracts me from the outside world. When I hear it live, it makes me feel like my problems aren’t as overwhelming as they seem to be. It’s my own little bubble of happy that I wouldn’t trade for anything.

Concerts also bring us together. Some of the nicest people I’ve ever met have been through our mutual love of the band. When I saw Blink-182 back in September, I talked to the girl sitting next to us, and we bonded over the music.

Yes, they’re expensive sometimes, but I can honestly say I have never regretted spending my money on a show. A concert is an incredible experience that I can’t describe to you. All I can do is tell you why I love it, and encourage you to go to one (if you haven’t) so you can understand it for yourself.