Yes, I’m The Grinch, Yes, I Hate Christmas, And I'm OK With That

The Christmas season is right around the corner and I am already tired of it.

105

I hate Christmas. I hate Christmas. I hate Christmas.

The music, the decorations, the hype over it. I just don't get it nor do I want to get it.

I know that you're probably wondering if I have had a bad experience with Christmas and the truth is that I haven't. I just don't like it and this is why.

To start off, every store is PACKED. The lines are no joke, there are clothes scattered all around the store and don't even get me started on trying to find parking.

The second worst thing about it is that everyone pretends to be happy for one holiday.

Just be straight up and tell your aunt that she's rude instead of pretending to like her. Stop putting up a fake front for the holiday season. Everyone knows you guys just talk smack behind each other's back at every other holiday anyways.

Last but not least, the kids. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up believing in Santa Claus or whatever, but kids are so darn selfish about their presents! This is especially noticeable when their parents go above and beyond to give them everything and they don't even appreciate it. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing my nieces, nephews and little cousins open presents, but it just angers me when they're so ungrateful about it.

However, I will tell you the one good thing about Christmas.

The food. Especially in a Hispanic family household.

Tamales. Champurrado. Buñuelos. Atole. De todo. It's all worth it. It's my favorite part of the whole holiday because you get to spend hours in the kitchen with your favorite people as everyone tells stories from past Christmases. The food is made of love. Which is why I just shove my face with food so I don't have to deal with everyone's "Christmas cheer."