Sometimes It's Okay To Be A Hater But There Is A Line

Sometimes it's OK to be a hater but There Is A Line

It's okay to be a hater to things that are WORTH hating.

73

Most of my life, growing up, I was taught that you weren't allowed to hate anyone, let alone mutter that four letter word, among others. I was not allowed to hate olives or the mean girl who slapped me across the face in the elementary lunch room. I was allowed to dislike, but never hate. As I've grown up, I've realized that this is a bunch of hoopla and that it is okay to hate things, permitting they are worthy of such a verb.

Recently, I have seen so much hate, in person and social media. Slut shaming, bigotry, and plain ignorance is scattered across Facebook and booths in bars. We, as a society, focus so much on hating people for their opinions, while ignoring things that should enrage the human race.

Here are things it is not okay to hate:

unsplash.com

1. Other people based on their opinions: no matter how wrong they are, they are just that opinions. Not actions. If they act like a fool about their opinions, then that's another story

2. The Success of other people: They earned their success; use it to motivate you not make you a hater

3. Puppies: this would be obsurd to hate puppies

4. Your body: If self-esteem and body image is something you struggle to find peace with, please be kind to yourself. Your body is what lets you smile, eat yummy food, hug your favorite people, and belly laugh. It's an amazing vessel to an even more beautiful soul.

5. Things you cannot change: hating that the sky is blue isn't going to make it change colors, it will still be blue, and you will still be pissed. The same is true for whatever situation life is throwing at you; the actions you take to change the situation is what matters, not just hating it and letting the anger fester.

And here there are some things it is okay to hate:

unsplash.com

1. Physical containment and abuse of anybody or animal; Mr. Trump, please help the hurting children at the border, scared, hungty and alone. I hate watching this and I hate that it is a political sceme at the expense of otheres. the end.

2. Stigmas around mental illness: Its okay to hate people when speak and act as though mental illness is a myth and discriminating against "crazy people".

3. Racism, sexism, and homophobia: It is 2018, people. You aren't scared of people, your just an asshole if you treat people poorly becuase of the color of thei skin, who they are attracted to, and if they have a penis or not.

4. People's actions: People who claim to be your friends, but only ever talk to you when they need advice, are using their actions to show you a hateful and toxic friendship, while speaking as though you are their best friend. Actions speak way louder than words. pay attention to shitty actions.

5. Foods and Drinks that you don't like: Don't ask me about olives, or black licorice becuase I hate them. but the good news is that hating olives doesn't hurt them in anyway. They just are.

In conclusion, there are many things that people are finding that they "hate", but I challenge you too look at actions and grow a fricken backbone about things you may not agree with, but does not warrant "hate" stamped accross it's forehead.