Oh, Hello College

Oh, Hello College

The day has finally come.

12
Oh, Hello College

I never thought this day would come... It's as if we spend our whole lives dreaming that this day will come, but never actually see ourselves living it. We anticipate it, plan for it, pack for it, and in an instant, it's over.

Today I left my house at a dark and early six in the morning and embarked upon a journey that will change my life forever. As I pulled into the drive at MVNU, I was greeted by more people than I had ever envisioned. Before I could find the way to my dorm room, a group of unbelievably kind students had already carried all of my belongings up there for me. My dad and I exchanged a goodbye and the emotions began to flood in.

It seemed so surreal. How could I actually be at college? How could I have left home? Am I really living on my own? Slowly but surely, I unpacked my things and situated everything in it's perfect place. I hung my decorations and made my bed. People continued to greet me and I spent a few quiet moments with the Lord.

My roommate arrived and began unpacking her things. We began talking about just how surreal all of this really is. She began to unpack and I shared a few good laughs with her dad. In a few short moments, her dad will leave as well and it will just be us. Two girls that have never lived alone. Two girls that are scared, nervous, emotional, and barely know each other. But I've heard that's the joy of college.

I never thought this day would come, but here I am. The day is quickly coming to a close and my life is getting ready to change in ways that I cannot even begin to imagine. But I am ready, oh my, I am so ready.