5 Reasons To Write For Odyssey

5 Reasons To Write For Odyssey

Get your creativity going

184
5 Reasons To Write For Odyssey

Have you thought about writing for an Odyssey Community? I suggest that you go for it!

It has been one of my favorite things that I have been involved in on campus. My community, and I'm sure in others, there is so much diversity within the team. If that isn't enough for you, here are 5 more reasons why you should consider joining your local team.

1. You're building a resume

Odyssey looks great on a resume, especially if you're in school for a major that has to do with writing.

2. You get to meet people you might not have any other way.

For my community, and I would think others, we have a GroupMe that helps us to connect with each other and get ideas for articles. We also try to plan activities to do together.

3. Job experience

Writing for Odyssey, you have to deal with a deadline set by the editors. Working with deadlines is something that any job has to deal with.

4. You're building a portfolio

If you're a journalism major this especially applies to you. My school didn't offer many activities to help me build a portfolio for myself, but the Odyssey did just that. Plus, it's all in one place.

5. You get to be creative

The main reason that I joined Odyssey was to get job experience. Before college, I hadn't been able to write what I wanted and to see where I wanted my writing abilities to go. Odyssey has allowed me to branch out and try different types of writings as well as talk about things I found important, not just what I was told to write about. I have enjoyed writing for the website as well as meeting new people that it has introduced me to.

So If you are interested, they are always looking for new writers! Here is a link to apply:

https://muse.theodysseyonline.com/apply

From Your Site Articles