5 of the Best Parts of Writing for the Odyssey

I love writing for Odyssey- and hope you will as well.

3

Upon the creation of my 100th Odyssey Online article, the occasion is deemed appropriate to compile a short list of my favorite moments of working for this site.

I hope you my dear reader will be inspired to follow in my footsteps and become a contribuer as well.

Getting My Ideas Published

Alas we all know the struggle of promoting materials and spreading ideas. The Odyssey condenses it in an easy and democratic fashion. Much like the 18th century pamphleteers at coffeeshops, many of us contributeurs will sit in cafes and discuss ideas but also write about them. Many of my best ideas have come over coffee, and a site as popular as the Odyssey makes it easier for my pamphlets to reach many.

The Time Travelling Revolutionary

"in my republican indignation!"
"Louis Philippe you are an usurper of power!"

"No llamas were harmed in this crossing"
"I swear before the God of my fathers... to liberate the world."

One of the most amusing series I wrote about was the Atlantic World Revolutions opinion pieces! I encompassed the Americas and Europe and offered my opinions on the rebellions but tried to tell it as though I was there. This series involved plenty of historic research, passion and of course a touch of creativity allowing you dear citizen to feel as though you were storming the Bastille on my side, or mounting a white horse and crossing the Andes with Simon Bolivar.

Politics

Ahhh alas my dear reader, in my political pieces I enjoyed touching on current issues since Odyssey allows immediate publishing but I also enjoyed going back to my previous articles and connecting timeless truths.

The Writing Style

The Odyssey really allowed me to develop a distinct style for my opinion pieces. I enjoyed writing mine as to mimic an earlier literary style as it seemed appropriate for my "time travel" pieces, and hopefully you now appreciate the grandeur and glory of 18th century styles as much as I do!

The Friends

I was exposed to the Odyssey Online by my friend Evelyn and in turn met countless wonderful creators and people who specialize in a vast arrangement of ideas and areas of expertise. One of the best parts about this experience was those I met along the way, those whose ideas may or may not have differed from my own, and those whom I formed friendships with.

And here I shall commence my 100th article, here is to a bright future of proclaiming the glorious words of liberty and having plenty more discussions on the important issues of life with you all (with a dash of creativity)

From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web