An Ode To Ski Season

An Ode To Ski Season

Ski bums unite.

11
An Ode To Ski Season
The Well-Traveled Post Card

The coming of December, means the coming of snow, which means one thing:

SKI SEASON.

Now whether you're a snowboarder or a skier, we're all children of the hill so no animosity is required here. We all get excited for one thing when we wake up and see snow, and that is the fact that we are days away from hitting the slopes.

Ski season is arguably the best season of the year. Way above fall and spring. Now some people say that ski season is just "winter," but they are wrong. Ski season is it's own entity. It's a period of time when you can spend your weekend up on a mountain paved with paths that allow you to slide down it on boards. You get to pull your gear out of summer storage and dust it off. You get to sit on a gondola lift and watch other people ski down the hill with ease, or better yet, biff it. You get to relax in the lodge and eat amazing food while making new friends.

Skiers and snowboarders alike love the mountains in the winter. We look at snow reports every day to make sure the base is well enough off that we can spend a whole day on the hill. For many, their families or close friends go with them to make memories.

Ski season is special to many. It's a time for bonding, relaxation, and fun. There's nothing quite like feeling a cool breeze on your face as you make your way down the mountain. Bounding through the power and between the slaloms, even crashing and garage-saling as you fall, make ski days the best.

The early morning car rides up to the mountain, sipping hot cocoa all day long, feeling as if you're flying when you're actually on the hill, all these euphoric feelings can only be felt during ski season.

Yes, all you non-skiers and snowboarders probably get tired of our endless selfies on the chair lift, or videos of all of us nailing tricks, but we don't care. Ski season is when all of us ski bums thrive--clearly. It's our time of year. It's not Christmas season to us, it's ski season. Snow makes us immediately think of the slopes, not a green tree--unless it's on the mountain.

Winter is coming, and with that, comes ski season. Excitement, elation, and anticipation are all starting to kick in for ski bums everywhere. This is our time.