An Ode To My Grandparents

An Ode To My Grandparents

Love, strength, and prayers will carry you through anything.

183
An Ode To My Grandparents
Aroune Family

In my life, I search for God's work in every day, every situation, and in every person I interact with. I search for the meaning of the situation, the lesson to be learned, and the impact from the individuals I see and speak with. In all of this, I look for how God provides for me Because I have learned from His word and strongly believe that in good times and bad, He is always with me and showing me His way.

In my grandparents, I find true, clear, and genuine love. They have devoted themselves to each other for over 61 years, which is something to be applauded. They have given life and love to four sons, 10 granddaughters, and three grandsons, and that's just the beginning of their successes. They show love to everyone they see, and are full of God's devotion to others. They serve their church community and their town of West Henrietta. They are always willing to extend a helping hand, a listening ear, and an open heart to anyone in need.

They have faced such incredible obstacles: war, devastation, cancer, sickness. And through it all, they came out on the other side as a stronger duo with new lessons in mind. They are role models for the powers of love and prayer, and show how dedication and working every day creates a life of love.

Recently, my grandma has fallen ill. In the hospital this past weekend, my sister noticed the remarkable connection between them. As my grandmother laid in the hospital bed, my grandfather's obvious concern and personal pain for seeing the love of his life in such pain was a testament to the life they have built together. All of their successes and accomplishments boil simply down to the love they found when they were young. Married in 1955, they took on the world with love and strength, knowing they had each other and God to keep them company. And now at 81 years old, they face every overwhelming obstacle with the same tools: love, strength, and a whole lot of prayers.