Why I'm Obsessed With Reading

Why I'm Obsessed With Reading

Because reading is just as obsessive as binge-watching Netflix.

78
Why I'm Obsessed With Reading

If you are anything like me, then you absolutely love to read. There are so many joys associated with reading. There are people who love reading over watching TV shows and vice versa. Me personally, I enjoy both; however, reading has its perks.

When it comes to reading, there are different ways to enjoy it. My personal favorite is sitting on my couch, with a warm blanket, drinking tea or hot chocolate while reading during the late hours of the night. Now if that doesn’t sound awesome, then I don’t know what does. I also like to sit on my bed and read, but that can sometimes be problematic for me because I start to fall asleep (because it's my bed). The best type of reading can also be done during winter, because then, you can really enjoy being cozy in a blanket while drinking hot chocolate.

There are many different types of books: from sci-fi to action to my favorite genre, teen/adult dystopian novels. No matter the genre, one of the main reasons why I am obsessed with reading is because of how wrapped up one can be. When reading, you become a part of the book world and you relate to the characters. The book world basically becomes real to you. For me, when a main character dies or something terrible happens in a book, I will become emotional because it feels so real.

Reading is almost like binge-watching Netflix—you can binge read books, especially if there is a book series. When you read, especially if you are super into it, you create an image in your head of the book setting, and you play out what is happening in the book in your head like a Netflix series.

We are all aware of how lately, many books series are being turned into movies. While this can be good, because you get to see the book come to life, sometimes the movies do not do the books justice. My advice is, always read the book series if you watch the movie because you get more context and more details.

With all that being said, sometimes, you do not really have time to read for leisure, especially during the school year as a busy college student. But best believe, during summer vacation, you can find me absorbed in a good book series.