Things to do in New York City

5 Activities To Add To Your New York City Summer Bucket List

Get the most out of the Big Apple.

64
https://www.pexels.com/photo/aerial-architecture-blue-sky-buildings-466685/

Take some time to experience all New York City has to offer with these fun, outdoor activities!

1. Enjoy a sunset movie in the park

Bring a blanket and a picnic to Bryant Park on Monday nights until August 20 to enjoy classic movies with a view. The lawn opens at 5 p.m. and films begin at sunset. See movies including Fried Green Tomatoes, The Princess Bride, When Harry Met Sally, The Wix, Thelma and Louise, and The Terminator. A variety of vendors will serve food from 4:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Fountain Terrace next to the lawn.

2. Relax at sunrise yoga

Escape the bustle of the city on Mondays in July for sunrise yoga at Brooklyn Bridge Park. Come by at 7 a.m. to register. Rest, relax and enjoy this waterfront workout!

3. Kayak on the Hudson

Bring your friends to Pier 26 on weekends from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Tuesdays through Thursday evenings from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. this summer for free kayaking on the Hudson. Cool off and enjoy beautiful views of the city on the water!

4. Grab a bite at Smorgasburg

Come to the largest weekly open-air food market in America in Brooklyn this summer and try food from 100 local vendors. Smorgasburg serves up delicious food on Saturdays on the Williamsburg waterfront and Sundays in Prospect Park from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Try famous New York bites such as the famous Ramen Burger.

5. Show off your moves at sunset Salsa dancing

Come to Greenwich Village at Pier 45 us every Tuesday night from July 10 to August 28 to show off your Salsa dancing with some of New York City's best DJs. Free beginner Salsa dance lessons, taught by a professional dancer will go from 6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. Stick around after your lesson for more fun!