NY Comic Con Trailer Reviews

NY Comic Con Trailer Reviews

Top 2016 NYCC Trailer Releases

10
NY Comic Con Trailer Reviews
comicbook

This past weekend was the 2016 New York Comin Con and plenty of fans came out to show their support. The convention was full of this year's biggest comic stars including impressive cosplay of Deadpool, Wonder Woman, and Harley Quinn. The most exciting takeaways from this event though are of course the new official trailer releases.

There was a handful of awesome trailers released this weekend, but three have really stood out. These trailers have been a long time coming and even created some controversial buzz before their official releases. One thing is for sure, waiting until next year for these newbies is going to be a challenge.

My Rating System:

\

This is pretty self-explanatory. A "thumbs down," means I am never going to see this movie because it looks awful. A "waving hand," emoji means this movie looks pretty good, but I'm going to wait till it comes out for free. A "thumbs up," mean this movie looks AWESOME and I am for sure going to the midnight premiere for this and dressing up as my favorite character.

OK, got it?! Good!

1. The first trailer that has started to gain a lot of traffic is for the "Power Rangers." Yes, that's right, your favorite childhood action-packed series is being revamped. A lot of big fans were worried about this announcement saying it would ruin their childhood, but I think many were impressed after viewing the trailer.

Now this trailer doesn't make me want to mark my calendar for its midnight premiere of anything, but it definitely shows a lot of potentials. As it starts off you can't help but get a breakfast club vibe from the unconventional group of angsty teens. While it progresses you can notice the classic music that comes from the original TV series, which I thought was a good touch. Of course, there is some low-key romance thrown in, but the best part is the end. When they finally show the rangers about to suite up there is some real nostalgia going on.

Even though this trailer definitely got me pumped to see how this film turns out I am still a little skeptical of a few things. This seems like Lionsgate is attempting to compete alongside the Marvel, DC, and now Star Wars universes. In the past, they have gone with series like Twilight, Hunger Games, and Divergent. Now it looks like they are turning gears towards a more superpower based franchise. This could be good, or they might completely fail and we will end up with yet again another waste of a really good idea.

Overall this "Power Rangers" trailer has made many people, myself included, excited for what is to come. I will definitely watch this when it comes out but probably wait till its fee OnDemand.

2. This second trailer that has had even more prior controversy is for, "The Great Wall." The fact that Matt Damon was cast to be the savior of China in defending the Great Wall has stirred up a lot of questions. Of course, this is meant to be a fictional reenactment due to the fact that they are clearly fighting dragons trying to eat them in this trailer

First off the visual effect throughout this automatically will make an awesome movie. There is no question that Matt Damon, especially in the last few years, has made a name for himself as a top actor. I was surprised by this trailer because I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Nowadays I always feel like producers feel like if they throw in a dragon, vampire or zombie into any movie it will be a hit, but that is just not the case. I hope that this movie doesn't rely too much on its crazy effects and CGI monsters to carry it. These are a lot of talented people working on this movie so I think there is a chance it could surprise us all.

I would like to point out that there will most definitely be more controversy to come with this when they gave Jing Tian second billing after Matt Damon in the credits.

3. This last trailer is just a teaser trailer but has made a lot of Marvel fans super hyped for its Netflix release. "Marvel's Iron Fist," is actually going to be a new TV series. If you don't know anything about this don't worry that's why I'm here. Basically, this guy has gained some crazy abilities in martial arts, but it doesn't end there. He also has some type of mystical force known as a fiery Iron Fist.

If you didn't notice right away, the young man cast to play Danny Rand in none other than the Game of Thrones actor Finn Jones, who you might know better as, Loras Tyrell. Even though this teaser doesn't give much detail I couldn't be more excited for this new series. If it is anything like "Marvel's Daredevil," on Netflix than I am all in. What makes me most interested is how they plan on showing his growth into this "living weapon." It seems as though it is going to play out like most of these shows, episode by episode. This makes for an easy watch and even more Netflix binge-watching.

Even though there is plenty of time until this will make its debut, I am currently planning on starting my binge-watching of season one as soon as possible. Mostly, I'll be looking forward to some more detailed trailers to come.

Hope you enjoyed my reviews and reactions to these new trailers. Please feel free to comment any of your own thoughts or ideas.