Nursing Motivation

Nursing Motivation

You Can Do it!

11
Nursing Motivation
Struggling as a student isn't anything to be ashamed of or express to those around. Everyone has their weaknesses and if its effecting you the way stress has affected me.... its always good to talk to someone

Dear Struggling Nursing Student, 

You're not the only one I promise. Nursing is a career that so many underestimate, little do they know is all the hard work, stress, and mind games that we go through before earning a degree and passing the NCLEX. Personally, I've never been someone to have mental breakdowns, cry randomly over an exam score, or fear for the future and how failing one class can change everything you've been dreaming about since you were a kid until now. If you study , put in the work, and stay motivated like so many instruct you to do but still don't pass, just remember YOU'RE GOOD ENOUGH!!! a setback in the classroom doesn't imply that you chose the wrong career path, it simply implies that you may need to work a little bit harder than your fellow classmates that are naturally gifted when it comes to understanding/applying the concepts taught throughout the semester to exams and quizzes.You chose nursing for a reason....we as a whole collectively care about people and their well being. We want to ensure that patients receive the best possible care that any individual no matter their race, religion, or background deserve. Being book smart isn't what makes a good nurse, a good nurse has compassion, empathy, and skills that are demonstrated and continue to grow as soon as you walk into a patients room during your first clinical rotation. The mindset of a nurse should always be putting whatever personal problems or concerns they are dealing with at the time aside the minute they step foot in the hospital. Patients should always be the priority since one of the main responsibilities of a nurse is to advocate for their patient and ensure a safe & modifiable plan of treatment alongside the HCP. Theres no better feeling than being the light at the end of the tunnel that helps someone fight whatever illness/diagnosis they are experiencing. At the end of the day it's YOU who determines your future, every setback is another chapter in this crazy book we write about life. I refuse to believe that anything good in life comes easy, you must continue to fight for what you believe in and ensure you do everything in your power to successfully accomplish your goals and dreams. Finals week can be the most intimidating time for nursing students, that being said.... go into your exams confident and remember to breathe. It may be easier said than done but I promise you chose this path for a reason, don't let past failures determine your future and always remember that if you put in the time and effort the knowledge is floating around somewhere in that brain of yours, even if that little voice in the back of your head is telling you otherwise; just tune it out and do the absolute best you can...... no one knows the sweat and tears you continue to shed to accomplish your goals so just keep doing what you're doing and don't give up!!

Sincerely, Second Semester Nursing Student