Why Nurses' And Teachers' Average Salary Should Be Higher

Imagine a world without nurses and teachers.

Where would we be without the amazing people that work daily to educate us, help make us feel better, and so much more?

Most people spend from age four to age 18 in school. During that time, we spend a lot of time in the classroom. With teachers, they have the most important job in the world. Their job is to educate the youth and shaping them.

That's pretty important. They not only work eight to four, Monday through Friday, but they have a lot of work outside of the school day as well that they don't get paid for. They not only teach us how to read, write, and different subjects in the science, social studies, English, and math fields, but they also guide us and help us in many different ways.

When you go to the hospital, nurses are the ones that spend the most time with you. They can assess your symptoms, and see what treatments you need. They then communicate this with your doctor. Not only this, but nurses provide emotional support as well. And on top of that, it's a physically demanding position. They have to work as long as 12 hours some days. They also give up some holidays, nights, weekends, and time with their friends and family.

According to the National Education Association; the average public school teacher salary in the United States between 2016-2017 was $59,660. (NEA, 2018). According to the Nurse Salary Guide; in the United States, in the United States, the average salary for Registered Nurses is currently $73,550. (Nurse Salary Guide, 2019).

Teachers and nurses do so much for the community and for the world that they deserve to get paid more.

Both are emotional jobs. They care so much about people. They help people and guide people every single day. What they have to deal with every day, takes a toll on a person. Both teachers and nurses change lives. They matter. They work so hard, and they should be appreciated for the work that they do. They put their blood, sweat, and tears into their jobs. It's only fitting that they would get paid more than what they do now.