Happy National Siblings Day

Happy National Siblings Day

Hands down, my sister is the best sister to ever exist

24
Happy National Siblings Day
Ruth Crepeau

Happy National Siblings Day! Today is a day where everyone can brag that their siblings, despite the arguments and annoying habits, and how they have the best sibling(s). But we all know I have the best sister in the world. I mean, c’mon, no one can compete with her!

She is the best listener. She patiently sits through all my rants, and even semi-pays attention when I need to vent about problematic faves from books I’m reading or shows I’m watching. She, in turn, will share her problems with me, because she knows she can trust me and give her a reality check if she needs one (whether she intended that or not).

She is so fashionable, which is the complete opposite of me. I appreciate how she cares to be put together, even if she feels crappy on the inside. Some days, lookin’ cute will bring her mood up even if that isn’t how she started her day. I like T-shirts and jeans, no matter how I feel. But when I want to dress up, I know I can text her for advice. Sometimes I really do question how we grew up to be two completely different people despite having the same parents and upbringing. But I am also grateful for the differences because without them I’m pretty sure we would be sick and tired of each other’s same old selves pretty darn quick.

She is headstrong, which can get her into trouble, but it is also what keeps her grounded and determined to accomplish what she has set her mind to. Even as an older sibling, I need some life advice and I know I can turn to her and she will lay it all out there with no sugar coating. She will be going to amazing places, but I know that she will always be there for me, and I for her. I could not have asked for a better person to fight, cry, laugh, live, and talk with.

I could probably end up writing a medium sized novel about all of the great (and not-so-great) qualities my sister has. In summation, though, every one of those qualities, good and bad, is what makes her so special and unique and irreplaceable. She is my biological best-friend and no one’s sibling can beat her.